Hey lovely readers,
I have been sick, and all I’ve wanted to do was read and watch Harry Potter. That’s what I’ve been doing. I wanted to be productive about it though. So, I decided that I am going to make challenging trivia quizzes for y’all to partake in!
I will be doing this in sets of 2.
This quiz covers Philosopher Stone and Chamber of Secrets. Next week, you will get Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. The week after, Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince. Then, we will finish off with Deathly Hallows (both Part 1 and Part 2 films). The quizzes cover trivia from both the books and films. If there are differing answers between the two, it will be specified as to which I am referring.
Now, grab a piece of paper and let’s get going!
1. What does Neville forget while holding the remembrall?
2. Who is the first player to score in the Gryffindor vs Slytherin game?
3. Of what chess piece does Hermione take the place?
4. In the book, who is the first person to be sorted and which house are they sorted into?
5. What is Professor Quirrell’s first name?
6. What is the number on the front of the Hogwarts Express?
7. How many players are on a quidditch team?
8. What obstacle/s protecting the philosopher stone is/are left out of the movie?
9. Where does Vernon Dursley work?
10. Where can you find the spell Alohamora?
11. In what order does McGonagall introduce the houses?
12. What position/s did James Potter play on the Gryffindor quidditch team in both the film and the book?
13. How many staircases are at Hogwarts?
14. What is Harry Potter’s vault number at Gringotts?
Chamber of Secrets
15. How long does it take to brew polyjuice potion?
16. Who teased Moaning Myrtle about her glasses?
17. What is Gilderoy Lockhart’s favourite colour?
18. What is the name of Percy’s girlfriend?
19. When was the Chamber of Secrets first opened?
20. After being introduced, what question does Arthur Weasley ask Harry?
21. Did Harry give Dobby his right sock or left sock?
22. In the book, who explains the Chamber of Secrets to the students?
23. What type of blood does Ginny use to write on the wall?
24. From whom does Filch receive a letter?
25. Who was the headmaster before Dumbledore?
26. With what does Ron attempt to repair his wand?
27. Who does Hermione try to turn into when drinking the polyjuice potion?
28. What food are gnomes described to look like?
29. In what year was Hagrid expelled?
30. How many muggles did the opal necklace in Borgin and Burkes kill?
Ready to check your answers?
1. His robes
2. Angelina Johnson
3. Queen-side castle
4. Hannah Abbott, Hufflepuff
7. 7 players
8. Snape’s potions logic puzzle and Quirrell’s mountain troll
10. Standard Book of Spells, Chapter 7
11. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin
12. Seeker and Chaser
13. 142 staircases
14. Vault 687
15. 30 days
16. Olive Hornby
18. Penelope Clearwater
20. What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
21. His right sock
22. Professor Binns
23. Rooster blood
25. Armando Dippet
27. Millicent Bulstrode
29. 3rd year
30. 19 muggles
So, how did you do? Let me know in the comments section below, and check back next Friday for Harry Potter Trivia That Could Stump Even the Biggest Potterheads (Part 2)!